But while we know that this process (when done right) is beneficial in terms of driving traffic, extending reach and providing interesting and valuable content, what does Google think about content curation?
Following are 6 facts about content curation and SEO you may not know – but that you really should if you’re going to use content curation as part of your own content strategy.
1. Curated content that is combined with original content can rank just as well as original content alone
2. Publishing curated content can result in inbound links to your site
3. The quality of the sites to which you link is extremely important for SEO
4. ‘Link hoarding’ will damage your relationship with other marketers and with Google
5. Content curation increases your ‘freshness factor’ while requiring LESS work
6. Curated content gets you ranking for both long and short-tail keywords
Read the FULL ARTICLE!